Then read on and I hope inspiration comes.
Wanting to put pen to paper but having trouble coming up with Ideas, or are you writing a story but are suffering from writers block?
Every writer has bad days where ideas just don’t flow or stories just get stuck at a point where it seems like you cannot move it forward.
Some times it can be hard to get moving again but there are ways to help you get going again.
1. Read a newspaper or magazine.
This can be a great way to get inspiration for a story or article.
- Read a news article then try to write an article of your own about it.
- Read a news article then write a short story based around it
2. Look at the world around you.
You will be amazed at how inspiring the world around you can be.
- Write a poem about what you see around you.
- Write a short story based in your surroundings.
3. Read a Book.
Others stories can inspire you to write something new.
- Read a short story and then try to expand on it.
- Read a book then write a short story based around one of the characters. Place it before or after the book.
4. Look Online for inspiration.
There are sites on the Internet that have writing prompts to help you with short story ideas.
My favorite is Seventh Sanctum
Go to Seventh Sanctum and click on settings- Lost civilisations. Read the randomly generated description and write a short story based around it.
- Go to Seventh Sanctum and click on writing- writing challenges. Read the randomly generated description and write a short story based around it.
You should take a look through all the generators as they are all great in their own way. There are ones for characters, settings, general story ideas and more.