So you decided to become a Triond’s writer? Congratulation. Here you can find a step-by-step guide on how to get your first article published, and how to avoid common mistakes.
Congratulation on your decision to become one of Triond’s community members. Triond is a wonderful community of writers that publish informative post (articles), get paid for it and support each other.
However, in my regularly surf to Triond support forum I see that newbie writers tend to have problems with publishing their first article, and many of them do some mistakes that get their account ban. It is a shamed. Therefore, despite the fact that all the information can be found in Triond ToS (Terms of Service), I decided to write a short guide to try and get you through the first article hurdle.
First I will state a few things it is important to know about Triond, and then a step-by-step guide to publishing your first article.
Triond is very strict on you in your first articles. They will be checked thoroughly and carefully. You can say they have an easy finger on the “decline” button. In addition, if you have several of your articles decline in a row they will block your account, and all your new content will be declined immediately within seconds after submission. In this case you can not submit new content until a staff member will reopen your account (we will get to it later).
They will go easy on you as you publish more quality articles. After you will publish your first 5 articles, you will find out that it takes less time for your articles to get published, and that the “decline” rate among your articles barley exist (unless you broke ToS or got reported by the community of course).
I know you did not read them, and it is a shame. So I am just going to give you one important warning: Do not copy content! Aside from the obvious reasons of why it is wrong, if you are catch plagiarize – your account is ban and there is no going back from here (as appose to blocked accounts).
One important observation that people tend to neglect: Even if you publish your own content that was previously published somewhere else – it is still considered as plagiarize and breaking the Tos. So please take notice, it will be a shame to loss your account over not reading the ToS.
First you must open an account in Triond. When you register yourself please consider the following points:
1. The user name you will enter can not be changed later.
2. For security reasons: it is advised that your pen name (the name that will appear on your articles) will be different than your user name (the name used to enter your account) and that both will be different from your email.
I assume you know what you want to write about. Yet, before starting to write you better search a bit about the subject – make sure it was not written already (you do not want to be accused in plagiarize) and that you have something new and important to say in the meter.
In order for your article to be successful you must market it in the right way. For that you must learn how to do proper SEO (Search Engines Optimization) and marketing. This subject is too big to cover in one article, not to mention this one. However, there are many great already written articles in the subject, and if you are serious about publishing your work – you must read them and learn.
However, many of the optimization and marketing can be done after already publishing the article. Therefore, for your first article the most important thing is to first learn how to properly choose your keywords and title (since you will use then while writing).
Your first articles will be checked thoroughly so make sure they will be of high standard:
1. The subject must be interesting and informative. No spam or keygen articles. Also Triond forbid online games money making guides (at least as your first articles) – so be aware.
2. Your article must be written using proper English. Please use a good editor while writing your article. Many prefer to use word – since it checks for grammar and spelling mistakes. Make sure your article is written in high standard or it will be rejected and your account will be blocked for further publishing.
3. Your article should be about 350~400 words long. It better contains at least one image and be well organized in paragraphs.
4. You want to quote someone? Be careful of plagiarize! Your quote must be very short (a sentence max) and should be less than 2% of the length of your article. Need a longer quote? Then you will need to find creative ways to put it in your article.
5. Don’t forget to pick a good Thumbnail image for your article and place it in the right category.
6. After making sure everything is as needed – submit the article. Good luck
You submitted your first article – congratulation! Now wait! Do not submit another one till you know this one is approved. Since if it will get rejected you might ended up with two rejected articles in a row – what might get your account blocked.
You may start to search for materials and subjects for your next articles. You can even write them and work on them. However, do not submit them.
Now there are two possibilities:
1. Your article was accepted and published – Congratulation! Please jump to the 8th step.
2. Your article was declined – please read the next step.
I am very sorry to hear that. This means you did something wrong. Please take the time to read the reason why it was declined.
If it is due to plagiarize – Bad boy! I warned you. Your account is probably ban. If it was not a mistake done by Triond staff – they will not let you publish anything in this account anymore.
If the reason is insufficient writing quality – then you did not submitted a good article, please revise it and fix whatever need to be fix. In addition, if you are not a native American or British (like most of us) it might be a good idea to let someone with a high level of English to go through it and show you the mistakes you missed. Only when you are positive there are no more mistakes – resubmit the article.
You checked everything and still believe that the rejection was a mistake? Read the next step!
If your article was declined by mistake (rarely happen) or your account was blocked (much more common), your only chance now is to turn to Triond staff for assistant.
This is how you will do it:
1. Go to the help center.
2. Type a clear and polite post that explains exactly what is your problem, and what do you hope they can do.
3. Make sure to write it in a new post. Post hijacking is considered a bad habit.
4. Make sure to write only one post about it. Spamming is considered a very bad habit.
5. Include your user name (not your pen name) in the post, preferable in the first or last line.
6. Wait patiently till you get a respond. It might take up to two days. Only “bump” the post if you got no respond after two days.
7. After the staff will help you solve the problem – do not forget to thank them. Being polite will go a lone way in making them want to help you now and in the future.
Congratulation! Allow me to welcome you to Triond’s writer community. Please feel free to add me as a friend on Triond.
Now you need to learn how to market your articles and how to use better SEO techniques. In addition, it is important to learned and read important tips on how to get more views. Those topics will be covered in my next post about: “Trionds Beginners Guide”.
In addition, you will probably want to publish more articles. Enjoy