Before you begin your writing assignment, go over this quick checklist to assess your work.
Checklist for assessing your writing assignment
Image via Wikipedia
- Have you been givin a specific topic, a range of topics or are you fre to chose your own?
- What interests you about your topic?
- What questions do you have before you begin to write about your topic?
- How will your readers benifit from your topc?
- How broad is your topic or do you need to narrow down the content?
Sources of information
- Where will the content of your topic come from?
- What sort of documentaion and resourse verification is needed?
- Is this written from a persoan experience, held and interview, observed or asked during a questionaire?
- Who are you writing to? Who are your readers?
- How are you writing? To inform them, debate, persuade for sale?
- What is your relationship to your readers? Are they peer to peer, teacher, expert?
- What is the requirement on the lenght of the assignment?
Stages of writing
- What is the topic?
- What are the specific requirements?
- Who will review first draft?
- What are your deadlines?
- What is needed to complete final draft?
Using this quick guideline will help you get a jumpstart any writing assignment. The toughest part is writing the first draft. Good Luck