Just some stuff I have learned through the power of the Internet. Interesting facts about writing and words. Things like, race car and level are spelled the same way backwards
I have not updated in a long time and I feel really bad about it. I need to start writing or figuring out some things to post. For now though, since Triond is all about writing, I thought I’d share with you some interesting facts about writing and words! (: I promise to start writing again here real soon.
1. Skiing is the only word with double i.
2. Dreamt is the only word that ends in mt.
3. Stewardesses is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand.
4. Only four words in the English language which end in “dous” (they are: hazardous, horrendous, stupendous and tremendous).
5. The word ‘Strengths’ is the longest word in the English language with just one vowel.
6. “Bookkeeper” and “bookkeeping” are the only two words in the English language with three consecutive double letters.
7. The word “uncopyrightable” is the is the only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating any letter.
8. The past tense for the English word “dare” is “durst”.
9. The word ‘testify’ derived from a time when men were required to swear on their testicles.
10. The word “underground” is the only word that begins and ends with the letters “und”.