Concise tips for writers.
A writer should always love writing. That love will help to keep a writer motivated when they seem to be hitting a brick wall – both in terms of success and creativity.
1. Write about what you know. The internet makes it easy to research many things, but having basic knowledge in place saves time and will help the flow of your writing.
2. Choose as many subjects and genres as you can. This will help to keep your writing fresh, and improve your scope as a writer.
3. Be careful where you submit your work, especially on the net. Don’t give your rights away easily. Certainly don’t give your best work away for a pittance.
4. Identify what you are best at, and concentrate on that most of all.
5. Try and write every day. Practice will improve your writing skills. Try and identify and improve weak areas of your writing, whether its grammar, punctuation, etc.