Learn these sixteen things so your writing can be published in the newspaper.
One of the leading newspapers in my country lack article of about 3500 up to 5000 characters. But from many writings on the editor’s desk, few are really worth to be published in the newspaper. Largely rejected for the below reasons:
1. The topic or theme is not actual. If the issue is not actual, write down issues that are very important for people such as analysis or problem that is being main attention of many people.
2. Arguments and views are not new. We should provide an original view.
3. Way of presenting prolonged. Your writing should be reflective, contemplative and comprehensive. There should be value-added or enlightenment that is given to the reader.
4. Your coverage is too micro or local.
5. Lack of disclosure and editorial support (too many grammar or spelling error).
6. Context is unclear
7. Language is too scientific / academic, less popular
8. Style of writing is like a speech / paper / lecture
9. Less obvious source of quote
10. Too many quotes
11. Less balanced discussion
12. Plot description does not trace
13. The description does not open a new enlightenment
14. The description is addressed to a certain people
15. The description is too flat
16. Typing of long paragraphs.