Greetings, fellow writers. I was elated to notice yesterday, that our old comment system resurfaced after our overlords of the green T realized that the Facebook Connect system was almost universally reviled. Again, I’m so happy to see this back – comments are our best tool inside of the Triond community to drive traffic. So, assuming the Genie has other wishes left in the lamp, what would I ask of Triond?
- The first, and you’ll likely hate me for this, is the implementation of a CAPTCHA at article submission. This will take the steam out of the deluge of spam that this site suffers under, be it the random-word kind that has popped up lately, or your more traditional “Experience the luxurious luxury vacation in the Kerala” article spinner spam.
- More to the point of spam control (it’s killing all of our page ranks, so you have no reason to disagree!), is the institution of a single-cent “bounty” on a successful article flagging. I recall reading that Triond has staffers reviewing each flag manually, so there shouldn’t be a risk of foul play on this.
- Finer control of what blog articles land on would be nice, too. It’s aggravating to see your flash game review show up on Notecook.
- I’d like posted articles and photos to stop correcting my titles – I understand what needs and doesn’t need to be capitalized.
- Lastly, I recall the bonuses and specials we had back in 2011 – those were fun and profitable to chase.
I’ve said it before, Triond is a long-haul affair for me, I’m in it for the big picture, but it can always be better.
(Thanks to Avissado for the thought to put this one up.)