How to write offbeat articles on those topics you do not follow. Making it your hobby or profession it is sometimes becomes much needed to write on topics which are out of your niche/subject. I have simplified this question and suggested some tips.
It is for many days I have been thinking of writing something different, something innovative, and something that I can think out of box and generate it all by myself. I tried a few keywords (that I thought to be unique) on the google search engine but later on find some relevant or lookalike topics on it. I started concentrating on such subjects who are either new to the world (age of origin being less than one year) or have been continuously neglected by the writers. I got differential marketing and other innovative techniques (new to marketing and other niches) first in my mind than I abandoned those topics for it has already been written a lot by many companies who run their newsletters for increasing their readership and making more sales. I jumped to some rarely written civil engineering topics that I followed in my graduating years. But later on changed my mind and again I was back in search of a niche topic.
In this quest I was actually skipping and distracting my mind to reset at zero again and again. But I found something that itself can be called unique. This was about writing itself. I think if there are bloggers out in the world then they would also be in search of something inspiring like others who are not writers or bloggers by profession. And if it is true the question may arise that how can we write continuously on a number of topics to which we are not familiar with or aware of. Because I think it takes many weeks to achieve proficiency and excellence in a relatively newer area of study or topic, and this would be much easier to write on those topics that you already follow than newer ones. It takes many days long and concentrated study (that would be requiring laborious and willing to learn attitude) to write on such topics and can prove to be time killing. Still it has a very luminous bright side, as of writing on new topic; you would have gained knowledge and more audiences. But how can we write on new topics without getting distracted and without taking much time reading books and articles. The answer is you can’t for the second problem and you can for the first. Then how can you save yourself from getting distracted? It is not the things around you that actually distract your mind while doing a job, but it is your mind that distracts itself (switch to writing mode and ignore all other modes). The stability of mind is one of the factors that decides your productivity and efficiency and is a must for doing writing job as well (as writing is an intellectual or mental activity). And it needs to achieve high level concentration to achieve mental stability.
How can you prevent yourself from getting distracted? And how can you increase writing efficiency by many folds?
1. You need to keep all necessary things that are required for writing with you (before getting started) and forget about everything else.
2. Take out all distracting thoughts from your mind that can distract you again.
3. Prepare a plan and make a short term goal.
4. Write down the topics on which you want to write articles.
5. Carve out a plan that you will follow while doing research and writing job.
6. Do the research quickly and skip unnecessary over reading, as most of the online contents always contain unwanted information that you never going to include in your writings/write ups/ articles.
7. You need to have a particular place for working and that you will use for future writing as well (your writing desk or your writing place).
8. Take a 5-minute break after every half an hour, but do not go away.
9. Analyze your progress twice a day. Like analyze once you have passed half time of your total writing time (as planned). And analyze again when you have completed the task or have spent preset time preparing articles.
10. Compare it with the planned and increase your efficiency to achieve optimum time utilization (highest efficiency rate that you can achieve while performing the writing job).
11. Prepare an outline and schedule your next work.
How can you write on new topics more efficiently?
1. Research: Do necessary research before writing on new subjects. But do it wisely. Do not take all the stuff available on net and read only those contents/articles who are precisely written with interesting heading and sub headings. Over researching is just wastage of time.
2. Configure your article either in mind or in a notebook: After doing wise research on the concerned topic configure your article or draw up a rough image of the same. This will help you saving time while writing.
3. Add on to it: If you think your article needs some other information that has not been included, you should do more reading and thinking over that information.
4. Demarcation: If you are writing many articles on the same topic you will need to demarcate them on the basis of different factors (which should be in accordance with your audience taste and preference). It will prevent your articles from looking similar.
5. Presentation: It is very necessary to present your articles more skillfully, so that those will look exclusively written.
6. Feedbacks: As you are new to this niche (on which you were writing articles) you need to read feedbacks and communicate with your audiences to rate yourself.
Hope you will find this article helpful.
Add fuel to fire:
When you write and you write for a living you need a proper following to get the conversions and views, it is very important that you join up with people on a number of networks to encash your writing skills to the maximum. The role of social networking these days is magnified to greater extent and people are using these networks to show off their skills or to showcase their product. These social networking sites offer a very huge user base that you may only find in only a few places elsewhere. The impact of social networking sites such like facebook and twitter is tremendous and these have a very positive impact when you showcase your work on these sites.
With my preliminary researches I have find that people who had published a small number of articles or books or journal on respective sites have done really well by optimizing their products and works by integratng them with major social networking site. Being active oon social networking sites may eventually help you gaining better results for your campaigns as well. As you are online and active you have friends and praisers you will definitely adding more audience for your published work.
The preliminary findings that I got with my research suggested that the magnification that could be earned with social network integration may entrech your audience scope by a significant 500% over a period of 3-6 month. People who stay online on these social networking sites need not to put in extra efforts, the only thing threy need is to share their content, books etc. on their social networking profiles.
Talking about your works and dedicating a page to your works also effect very optimistically and helps you getting more business. With links and bonds out there you may unify your whole identity on internet and leave a better imprint or impression on the people (audience).
Additionally linking up with your dedicated or hosted blog will have similar impact and at the meantime you can turn in more cash by converting the readers into your affiliate referrals. This will additionally boost your business and help you earning more out of your hard work and will boost up your morale and thereby impact your dedication to work much better. You will definitely see a positive inclination for the job you do and will definitely refine your work as you will work more dedicatedly and effecyively.